Is The Deal Too Good
To Be True?
WORKSHOP | Consumer Protection
Is The Deal Too Good To Be True?
Learn to identify types of unregulated investment schemes and possible scams. Learn about unfair sales practices and your rights under the Consumer Protection (Fair Trading) Act (CPFTA) and the Lemon Law. This workshop will also cover the lease, sale and purchase of property, the role of the Council for Estate Agencies (CEA) and the role of Financial Industry Disputes Resolution Centre (FIDReC).
• Scams such as Online Scams, Phishing and Money Mule
• Unregulated Investment Schemes such as land and crop schemes, gold buyback and virtual currencies
• Role of Consumers Association of Singapore (CASE)
• Financial Industry Disputes Resolution Centre (FIDReC)
• Council for Estate Agencies (CEA)
• Lemon Law
• Investor Alert List on the MAS Portal
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
• Anyone who want to know the types of scams and unregulated investment schemes and how people fall for them. Those who want to learn about the CPFTA, Lemon Law and avenues to seek recourse for victims of unfair business practices.
Other Related Topics
• Is The Deal Too Good To Be True?
Restrictions on use of Materials.
Except as otherwise provided, the Contents of this Website shall not be reproduced, republished, uploaded, posted, transmitted or otherwise distributed in any way, without the prior written permission of the Institute for Financial Literacy (IFL).
You may download one copy of any information provided in this Website onto a single computer for your own personal non-commercial use provided that you keep intact all accompanying copyright and other proprietary notices.
Modification of any of the Contents or use of the Contents for any other purpose will be a violation of intellectual property rights. Graphics and images on this Website are protected by copyright and may not be reproduced or appropriated in any manner without the written permission of their respective copyright owners.