Is The Deal Too Good
To Be True?
WORKSHOP | Consumer Protection
Is The Deal Too Good To Be True?
Learn to identify types of unregulated investment schemes and possible scams. Learn about unfair sales practices and your rights under the Consumer Protection (Fair Trading) Act (CPFTA) and the Lemon Law. This workshop will also cover the lease, sale and purchase of property, the role of the Council for Estate Agencies (CEA) and the role of Financial Industry Disputes Resolution Centre (FIDReC).
• Types of Scams
• What is a Money Mule
• Types of Unregulated Investment Schemes
• Pitfalls in dealing with unregulated entities
• Role of CASE when dealing with errant traders
• Lemon Law
• Financial Industry Disputes Resolution Centre (FIDReC)
• Dealing with CaseTrusted Businesses
• What to look out for in a salesperson when you want to rent, sell or purchase a property
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
• Those who want to know the types of scams how people fall into them.
• Those who want to learn about Lemon law and avenues for victims of unfair business practice to seek resource.
• Understand how organizations such as CASE and CEA protect consumers against unethical salespersons.
Other Related Topics
• Is The Deal Too Good To Be True?
Restrictions on use of Materials.
Except as otherwise provided, the Contents of this Web Site shall not be reproduced, republished, uploaded, posted, transmitted or otherwise distributed in any way, without the prior written permission of the Institute for Financial Literacy (IFL).
You may download one copy of any information provided in this Web Site onto a single computer for your own personal non-commercial use provided that you keep intact all accompanying copyright and other proprietary notices.
Modification of any of the Contents or use of the Contents for any other purpose will be a violation of intellectual property rights. Graphics and images on this Web Site are protected by copyright and may not be reproduced or appropriated in any manner without the written permission of their respective copyright owners.